Banknote Building Honored by Bronx Chamber of Commerce
The Bronx Chamber of Commerce presented its Adaptive Reuse Award for the Banknote Building, designed by BBB, at its Inaugural Building Awards ceremony held on October 29. BBB’s adaptive reuse of the landmark 1909 printing plant in the Hunts Point neighborhood of the Bronx creates a vibrant, mixed-use hub that supports the revitalization of the surrounding community and celebrates the area’s history.
The Bronx Chamber of Commerce recognized the best Bronx projects and the project teams that developed, designed and built them.
A reception was held at Marina Del Rey on Wednesday, October 29, 2014. Taconic Investment Partners and BBB were each recognized for their roles in the project. Neil Kittredge, AIA, AICP, partner at BBB, accepted the award last night on behalf of BBB, and had this to say: “It was great to see so many wonderful projects recognized not only for the quality of the architecture, but also for the huge collective social impact they bring to the Bronx. We are deeply proud to be a part of the revitalization of a community landmark.”
BBB DESIGN AND BUILDING TEAM
- Neil Kittredge, Partner-in-Charge
- Christopher Cowan, Project Manager
- Sergey Khoroshilov, Architect
- Lars Moestue, Graphics and Wayfinding
- Barton Ross, AIA, AICP (Former BBB employee)
- Alexandra Emma Benardete Moll, AIA (Former BBB employee)
- Client: Taconic Investment Partners and Denham Wolf Real Estate Services
- Structural: Gilsanz Murray Steficek, LLP
- M/E/P: Lilker Associates Consulting Engineers
- Civil: Dewberry
- Landscape: Mathews Nielsen Landscape Architecture (MNLA)
- Construction Manager: McGowan Builders, Inc.
- Vertical Transportation: VDA